- Improve farmworkers’ access to primary and mental health care by providing support services and outreach.
- Provide interpretation for all services provided by Rural Medical Services.
- Provide Farmworker Field Screenings for migrant/seasonal agricultural workers.
- Assist and monitor all OB patients and their infants in obtaining insurance.
- Provide Prenatal Class at Newport Medical Center to orient, educate, and pre-register OB patients.
- Implement a Promotora Program to provide peer education, referrals and advocacy to expecting mothers, agricultural workers, and community members through door-to-door outreach.
- Life Coaches supplement the Diabetes Education Program and provide education for diabetes prevention in the community.
- Participate in farmworker research when beneficial to the farmworker.
- Mentor future health care workers and expose them to the farmworker/Hispanic population.
Last Updated on May 1, 2019.