Case Manager Behavioral Health- Full Time with Benefits Offered
Why Work Here?
“Work with caring and competent professionals – great schedule with comprehensive benefits.”
Seeking a case manager to join our team to enhance the quality of patient care. You will provide assistance for our patients with the goal of improving stability, health outcomes, and quality of life.
- Establish open lines of communication with patients.
- Assess and address psychosocial and motivational issues.
- Offer assistance to individuals who lack resources, have poorly managed their health, and/or are struggling with mental health or substance abuse problems.
- Aid patients in obtaining necessary resources and services within Rural Medical Services and/or with outside agencies and service providers.
- Develop effective working relations and cooperate with medical team throughout the case management process.
- Help patients make informed decisions by acting as their advocate regarding their clinical status and resource options.
- Collaborate with treatment providers and other agencies.
- Ensure all documentation is completed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Previous experience in primary care, mental health, or substance abuse fields.
- Excellent knowledge of case management principles.
- Familiarity with community resources.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Professional work ethic including organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build rapport with patients.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in psychology, social work, or related field.
- 1-2 years of previous experience in linking consumers with various community resources preferred.
Licensed Professional Nurse
Assist providers (physicians, nurse practitioners) and nurses (RN) in the daily management of the health care needs of patients. Take care of the routine needs of the patients and report about the health of the patients to their supervising provider and/or nurse. Must be high school graduate, vocational school graduate, or possess high school (GED) equivalency. Successful completion of approved, accredited practical nursing program. Must have current certification and registration with the Tennessee Department of Health with reciprocity applied for and received within 6 months of employment.
Patient Services Representative
To provide excellent patient customer service with specific focus on courtesy, efficiency, knowledge and confidentiality.
- Serve as receptionist in accordance with written appointment and patient record policies, including answering telephone.
- Execute billing, filing, typing, medical records and appointments in accordance with written policies.
- Perform all clerical tasks as specified in clinic or office policies and/or as directed by the supervisor, including payment collection at time of service.
- Perform related tasks as directed by the Nurse Practitioner, Physician or Patient Account Manager.
- Keep medical records in accordance with the written medical records policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or vocational high school graduate or high school equivalency. Should be able to comprehend established office routine and regulations, learn quickly from oral and written instructions; possess ability to keep simple financial records and perform simple mathematical tasks.
Bilingual Patient Service Representative
To provide excellent patient customer service with specific focus on courtesy, efficiency, knowledge and confidentiality. Must be high school graduate, vocational high school graduate or have high school equivalency. Must be bilingual (English and Spanish) with good writing skills in English and Spanish. Must be able to comprehend established office routines and regulations, learn quickly from oral and written instructions, and have ability to keep simple financial records and perform simple mathematical tasks. Should have pleasant personality and be able to work well with others.
Rural Medical Services, Inc. complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status. No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. Applications will be kept on file for 90 days.