BILINGUAL PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE- Parrottsville
Description of Duties
- Serve as receptionist in accordance with written appointment and patient record policies, including answering telephone.
- Execute billing, filing, typing, medical records and appointments in accordance with written policies.
- Perform all clerical tasks as specified in clinic or office policies and/or as directed by the supervisor, including payment collection at time of service.
- Perform related tasks as directed by the Nurse Practitioner, Physician or Patient Account Manager.
- Keep medical records in accordance with the written medical records policy.
- Interpret for medical providers as needed.
- Assist patients in completing demographic data sheet.
- Assist nurses with health histories for Hispanic patients and interpreting as needed.
- Provide health education for patients as needed and directed by providers on topics such as prenatal care, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
- Provide assistance with Hispanic patients who need referrals to specialists, dentists, etc.
- Participate in Migrant Outreach clinics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be high school graduate, vocational high school graduate or have high school equivalency.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Must be bilingual (English and Spanish) with good writing skills in English and Spanish.
Must be able to comprehend established office routines and regulations, learn quickly from oral and written instructions, and have ability to keep simple financial records and perform simple mathematical tasks. Should have pleasant personality and be able to work well with others.
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL NURSE- Cosby and Newport Center(Monday- Thursday 9 am-7 pm)
Assist providers (physicians, nurse practitioners) and nurses (RN) in the daily management of the health care needs of patients. Take care of the routine needs of the patients and report about the health of the patients to their supervising provider and/or nurse.
Must be high school graduate, vocational school graduate, or possess high school (GED) equivalency. Successful completion of approved, accredited practical nursing program
Must have current certification and registration with the Tennessee Department of Health with reciprocity applied for and received within 6 months of employment
EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must be able to safely and successfully perform job-related functions, with or without reasonable accommodation required by federal, state, or local law
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) techniques demonstrated by a valid course completion card
Behavioral Health Provider / Psychologist / LCSW / Counselor
Provide behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, adults, and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning. Must demonstrate respect for diversity and empathy for low-income populations and have a desire to improve their health status
Description of Duties
- Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health clients.
- Provide effective treatment planning and assist clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Actively participate in meetings that support Rural Medical Services’ integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Monitor the site’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services, and making recommendations for improvement
- Other duties as required by Operations Director.
Masters Degree in Social Work or Doctoral Degree in Psychology (PhD or PsyD)
Licensed in the State of Tennessee as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Psychologist
Experience and/or Skills Required
- Working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Rural Medical Services, Inc. complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status. No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. Applications will be kept on file for 90 days.